photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Monday 2 November 2009

Mindy's Mansion



You may remember from The Puuuurrrfect Photograph a few days ago, that one of my followers challenged me to create a Mindycat friendly crafty item. Well dear follower, your wish was my command.
Out came paint, paint brushes, the craft knife, card board boxes and masking tape. The beauty of moving house is you suddenly find yourself with a vast array of card board boxes- much to Issobelle's delight!

I won't be giving step by step instructions on this project as I'm not sure you will all be rushing to make your kitty a house but I will give one top tippy.
I recently went to Hobbycraft (you know my love of Hobbycraft) and was looking at the paints and I can't tell you how surprised I was to see the cost of a single tube of acrylic or water colour paint. I only wanted general any-old paint but the kiddie range was rather limited. I put down the pricey paint and left empty handed. Ok ok, we all know I never leave there empty handed but I left without the paint at least.
Later that day I had to go to B&Q for wall paint. Well bloggerrinos, as I was juggling my decision of should I choose "River Mist" or "Frosted Blue" for the guest room, my eye was drawn to the little tester pots you can buy to try a bit on your wall if you aren't ready to commit to "River Mist" etc. These little pots come in almost every colour imaginable and, wait for it, are only 98p! Wowza! I left B&Q with "Frosted Blue" and a collection of sample pots and a smug feeling about my bargain.



If you would like info on how the cat mansion was constructed, do comment below. Mindy was pretty pleased and is currently at B&Q, choosing colours for her guest room. Tehe.

Toodlepip! xx

4 comments:

  1. You've made me want to go and make a lovely little cottage for my kitty. Definitely doing that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm incredibly sorry to hear about Mindy :( I know exactly what you're going through. Pets are a huge part of happiness in life and it's the equivalent of losing a person. It really is. I am thinking of you during this sad time, Louise. xxx

    Also, I just want to say, I know this post is old... but, this little house came out so, so cute! I thought I was the only one who makes houses for my pets! I have made quite a few cardboard houses as well and go all out on painting them. I'll have to show you sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profile of member Luvfree.com: I am 33 years old. single white male, 6"2, dark brown hair with green eyes. I am currently working as a restaurant manager in the dwntwn area. I am a homebody now that im in my 30s. I liketo go out. nothing to crazy, dinner, concerts, movie. ive been single for the past few years working on my career and getting things done with my life that I should've done when I was in my 20s. Im looking for a nonpartyer. someone who can live without looking at there phone for 5minutes. who wants to start there new life with me? :D :D
    From www.luvfree.com/online_dating/united_states/pittsburgh?page=12

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg