photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Sunday 28 November 2010

Lou's Reviews :: Lush- Irridescent Glitterbug


Aloha Bloggerinos,

Two Lush reviews in two days, I'm spoiling you!

I have bought three of these to date and will continue to purchase these because in my eyes, they're fabulous. The Glitterbug is infact a bug shaped massage bar chocablock full of bluish mauve sparkles that transfer to the skin with the staying power of no other glitter product I've tried before. If glitter isn't your thing, then I'd recommend you stay well back!

Photobucket

My first experience of the famous Glitterbug is not one I relish. I was 18, at university in Liverpool and eagerly getting ready for a big night out. I had popped into Lush that day and grabbed a few things, not really taking the time to find out what they're uses were. What a mistake-a to make-a!!! I foolishly presumed the sparkly little bug was a soap, jumped in the shower and rubbed it EVERYWHERE. I remember thinking it was a bit odd that it didn't lather and was rather scratchy but carried on none the less.

It wasn't until I stepped out of the shower and looked at myself (nudey tudey) in the full length mirror that I was met with a blue, sparkly, mirrorballed human smurf! I had put soooooooooo much on that I had literally turned myself blue! I nipped next door to ask my flatmate if I was perhaps over exaggerated the situation but alas, she confirmed I looked MENTAL. I learnt a valuable lesson that night- befriend the Lush Sales Assistant and do your research!

Photobucket
I love the moment before you open a Lush product and it is all new and fresh and pristine. Mmmm
Since then, I have learnt the art of the Glitterbug. The idea is to warm up the bar in your hands and then either use as you would any other Lush massage product or use the residue from your hands to rub into anywhere you want the shimmer. I like it on my arms, shoulders and decolletage, but not my face!

Aside from it's obvious brilliance (gliiittttteerrrr), it also has other fantastic properties, like the shea and cocoa butter it's made from that give your skin a well earned drink. Glittery moisturised skin? Yes please. Lush tell us that it's scent is made up of rose, neroli and sweet vanilla, but to me it just smells of Glitterbug...helpful!

I have looked on the website and it seems to have gone, although when I was in store today, they had plenty, phewf!

The Iridescent Glitterbug retails for £3.25 (i think!) and will last you a VERY long time, well worth it for its unique effects, moisturising properties and general yumminess to have in your collection.

Have you tried this? What did you think?

Toodlepip!

xx

7 comments:

  1. Hate to be the bringer of bad news but it wont be on the website anymore because its been discontinued :( So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I must stock pile IMMEDIATELY!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They might throw it into their "retro" section on the website, so you can't buy it in store but it will still be on the site. I'd double check :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate this is a really old post, and you probably won't even see this post but I just had to say that *after* seeing this post, I went and did the exact same thing this evening with the shimmy shimmy glitter bar! My mother in law bought me a gorgeous lush gift set and I just assumed that it was soap. I am now very very sparkly! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg