photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Monday 8 November 2010

Lou's Reviews :: MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder


Aloha Bloggerinos,

Ages and aggeess ago, I was very kindly sent a couple of bits from Mac and since I've now had a good amount of time to give them a whirl, I thought I'd tell you my findings. I was sent the Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun (from the Venomous Villains collection) and a mascara which we'll no doubt talk about another time.


What MAC have to say about it:

"A silky, feather-light powder, formulated with 70% water, dusts on to the skin as a cooling mist to set and enhance the look of any foundation. Beyond sheer: light-reflecting and translucent. A virtually invisible way to add luminosity and a soft radiant glow to the skin. Limited edition."

I have always been a pressed powder bronzer kind of a gal, so when I opened this, I was a little worried. I tend to make a total mess of loose pigment products and having a white carpet, this is a problemo. There's no way round it other than a careful hand and a lot of tapping-off-excess-ness really- any other suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them!

I apply this bronzer with my (fake- I was swizzed on Ebay dagnamit) MAC due fibre brush in a swirly motion to the apples of my cheek, temples and a smidge on my forhead and nose. When you first apply it, it really does feel cool in temperature, almost wet even, which was quite a surprise. I've not come across a product which has that effect. I think this coolness will feel amazing in the summer- what a winner.

The formula is VERY concentrated, so a teensy weensy bit goes a reeeaaallllyy long way. This comes as some consolation for the fact that it retails at £23.00, which I believe to be a bit steep for a bronzer that wouldn't last as long as this baby.

This incrediably finely milled bronzer is a medium-dark brown with a very, very slight hint of shimmer. It's a tiny bit too dark for my pale complexion but if used sparingly and buffed in well, it looks nicely natural. It has a decent staying time and is easy to remove- bonus.

This isn't a product I use daily because of the mess, but it's one I bring out for nights out and special occasions. I hope that come summer, I can make much better use of this.

Have you tried or would you try this? What do you think?

Toodlepip!

xx

10 comments:

  1. I Absolutley, LOVE your blog, it makes me smile every time :)
    I got married recently too (In April) and we're super excited about planning our first bambino too so i expecially love your pregnancy blogs :) (Although that makes me sounds like a weirdo with an obsession with pregnant women haha!) I'm not, i promise lol!

    Hannah
    www.theroxyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the light version of this, and I love it. But I understand yours is nicer in the summer because of the bronzing effect. I love the product but I expected a more obvious highlight effect, but that was unfortunately not the case...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very intrigued by this product but skipped it as it was in the Dr. Facilier range! Silly I know, but if it had the Evil Queen on the packaging I may have been more tempted!
    Kat x
    Don’t forget to enter my giveaway @ Click&Make-Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel the same way about loose bronzers and blushes! I always make a total mess of my bathroom. If they come with a plastic cover over the holes, I sometimes use a small needle to prick the plastic so as too not let so much product through. It works pretty well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this formula in the light as well. The price is way too steep for the results. I was excpecting more of a highlighting affect but I didn't get it with this. The shimmer is quite dull with just a light dusting and too much of the product gives a dull powdery look.
    The bronzing one might be nice for summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried this yet but it looks lovely. I know what you mean about a bit messy but i use a lot of minerals so i'm use to it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coolness sounds quite weird and fun! :)
    I use several powdered face products and I do make a bit of a mess! I normally put my make up on when I'm out of the shower and put the damp towel from my hair across my lap while I put my make up on to save my floor! However there was a minor disaster this morning as I managed to throw a lid of powder on the floor! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. When taking pics on with my Truth & Light, I look paler than usual.. so I'm thinking.. swapsies?! lol I should've bought Cajun instead but thought it was too dark =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely review - I've Heard a few great things about this powder but I cant bring myself to splash out on it cos it just costs soooo much! I know it'll probably last forever but I love my NYC bronzer and I could probably buy 4 or 5 of them for the same price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme. Kudos. bathing suit bottoms uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg