photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 11 July 2012

LOTD || Books #3

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Today's LOTD is slightly nerdy- books! I am a self confessed bookworm so I thought it might be nice to bring that into blogland a bit. Wednesday's LOTD can either be a book you have read and enjoyed or a book you plan to/would like to read.

Wednesday will always be : Books.


Today's book is 'The Little Book of Quick Fixes for a Spotless Home'.

I borrowed this from the library and have been engrossed. How sad?! Haha. Basically, it is a chunky little book chocobloc with tips and tricks for keeping your home something a domestic goddess would be proud of. It's not about great long swathes of scrubbing, but little quick things you can do to improve your living space, make the most of what you have and keep your nest beautiful. It covers everything from linens to laptops and would be ideal as a stocking filler (yes, I'm thinking of Christmas ALREADY) or for someone setting up home. I'm actually going to order one for my Mother-In-Law as she is very house proud and would enjoy it.


A really obvious tip that I can't believe I didn't know was- dust from highest surfaces down. Durrr. Why did I not think of this after decades of dusting?! It makes sense seeing as you may be knocking dust off higher places onto lower spaces. I feel so enlightened! Hahaha



A snazzy little widget there if you prefer to buy through Amazon. If not, get your google on ;)

If you would like to join in, simply copy and paste the image above (please link this blog with it), find your favourite book and share it with the world. Feel free to let us know in the comments if you have done this and we can all mooch about together!

Are you a domestic goddess?

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Confessions of a Secret Shopper. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!

18 comments:

  1. Dust from top to bottom...ahh great tip. Now all I have to do is start actually adding dusting onto my chores! :D great post as usual my dear.

    vivthediv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out this book as my husband and I have just moved into our first home! Great post as always!
    w
    http://stephanews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to check that book out. My house needs some serious TLC!
    If you'd like to pop my blog, I'm having a GIVEAWAY at the moment which you might like, some New Zealand natural skincare :) http://beautybylizy.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/giveaway-savar-skincare-travel-set.html
    - Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a little off topic from this post but I just noticed on your wishlist that you have on there Cloud Nine straighteners. I purchased mine from a website called thefunkygroup.co.uk for a lot cheaper then you'd find on the actual cloud nine website! (£85 to be exact!!) Thought you might like to knnow =]
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all great tips as these are always good :) I never thought to ''dust from highest surfaces down'' either! I saw on dr. Oz (haha I think it is a good show) a few weeks ago that you should also dust with a wetcloth so not a dry one. Also if you vacuum the dust doesn't settle for 2 hours! So do not cook after that. Those were great tips for me!

    I am on the look-out for a book for positive thinking/thoughts, but I haven't had the time to go to the library yet. Maybe I will browse on the internet. Do you know a good one? Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog.. Always a pleasure to read you !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear I am the antithesis of a domestic goddess! I think I need this book ;s
    Daniella x


    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read this book! I love reading and always used to go to the library when I was younger and after seeing that you go to the library, I am definitely thinking of going and getting myself a new library card soon. I don't know why more people don't?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've written a post about my current library book :)
    http://ateeniebitofthisandthat.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-books-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds like my kinda heaven! That's sad but I don't care! ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the book recommendation! I found it on Amazon for two cents! This book is SO my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe wouldn't mind checking this out myself!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a book that I should read! xx http://hannahcoral.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-book3.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should definitely read this book ... my other half is always moaning at my un-domesticness xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds very handy :) I'm currently reading Fitzgerald, can't wait to finish it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should definitely read that book, I once read a book called the undomestic goddess and my mum just said it was a very fitting book for me! Ha! I need to work on my domestic goddess skills a tad..

    Anyway I have done a post about my current book, feel free to check it out.

    Frankie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love books! :) My favourite books so far this year have been The Hunger Games! And my favourite chick lit author is Jill Mansell :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading :) xxx

    http://jeminixlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg